Saturday, November 20, 2010

Front Fairing

I'll freely admit that I don't like the fairing Guzzi put on the Monza. Only the LM1, or other bikini fairing, cuts it for me. So this section is for those gentle readers who want to restore the butt-ugly square fairing. Me, I'm taking it off, and it will not return!

 I call this the chin screw: it bolts the fairing into the bottom yoke
 I did this after removing the front wheel, and also the front mud guard
Again, I'm not ready to bleed the brakes yet, so they're just giving something to bite on and put out of harm's way

Removing the mudguard

The front indicators were wired in using simple bullet connectors: pull them out, then then unscrew the indicators. The chin bolt and indicators are what holds the red plastic fairing to the sub-frame.


 Nice little waether-proofing guard underneath the fairing
 comes off with just two bolts, one either side




leaving the headlamp in place by itself


 Remove two long screws, that have ridges that the thin metal headlamp surround fits into...

 Out comes the headlamp

No comments:

Post a Comment