Sunday, December 12, 2010

Wiring Loom Removal

Now onto removing the writing loom. I have already disconnected the charging and ignition systems:


and I've removed the regulator and rectifier units along with the toolholder


The flasher relay is held next to the reservoir for the linked brake system, under the seat and in front of the battery:


Two sub-looms are strapped together on the right hand side of the frame, and run along the breather box:


The fuse box:

 rear of the fusebox:
 The fusebox is held in place by two screws that are held by two nuts welded to the frame brackets
 Starter motor relay
 Battery connections:

Neutral indicator switch

Starter and headlamp flasher relays 


Oil pressure warning switch:

Loom removed!


1 comment:

  1. Are you using the points assembly or did you install an electric ignition kit like the Dyna S? I have an '81 V50 III and I am having the hardest problem finding an ignition for it. I got the Dyna S that everyone said would work but it didn't fit. That plastic cover you have on the front of the engine is what I have. But I've seen other V50s that have a cover that is a perfect circle. Do you know what the difference is and may this be the reason the Dyna S ignition kit didn't fit? Thanks for your help. I have no sources that are helping me with this problem. Thanks,
    Geno Garza
    Austin, TX

    ReplyDelete