Sunday, June 5, 2011

Trial Build of the Rear End

Today I did a trial build of some of the top frame components, just to offer things up and see what they look like. Nothing's final at this point!

Hear's the rear fender and license plate holder fitted into the rear frame with the seat mounting bracket:





I then fitted the toolholder (which is quite an integral part of the center-frame construction), and the battery plate. I fitted the original Guzzi seat to the mounting bracket, and offered up the new tank. If I use the original seta, I'll need to get someone like Rich's Custom Seats to modify the seat:



We'll also have to tidy up the backside of the seat: 


Some metal will have to come off the seat frame to make it fit the new tank:


Just for fun I mounted the brake light:





On the other hand, I could just put on a new seat pan, and make a new seat from scratch:


There's plenty of space:






Decisions decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment