Sunday, September 30, 2012

New Seat

I had the seat remade and recoverd by Rich O'Connor of Rich's Custom Seats in Kingston, WA. Here's the finished product:


But let's start at the beginning. I turn up at Rich's to see a fine collection of bikes inside and outside his shop






I really don't like the stock seat cowl, and think the bike looks too rectangular. As I wanted a rounded bum-stop seat, Rich first made an extension to the seat pan.


He then added and removed seat foam to sculpt the seat to the idea I had in my head:





The man himself:


Rather shaky picture taken in Rich's workshop:


Better photos taken once I got it home:






I'm starting to think about tidying up the rear by removing the fender, or at least chopping it off below the frame line, and adding an LED-based license plate holder:


Look how much better it looks that the old seat, in the previous blog below. Final comment: BIG THANKS to Rich and his team in Kingston, WA. Great, great craftsmanship and service, totally recommended to anyone wanting a seat made to their specific requirements.

3 comments:

  1. Neat! I was shocked to see the new colour scheme but I have to admit it is coming along very well! I hope this seat also offers more comfort than the factory seat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to extend the seat like that. Following your wild goosechase thread, My V50 Monza Rebuild. Any new updates?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to extend the seat like that. Following your wild goosechase thread, My V50 Monza Rebuild. Any new updates?

    ReplyDelete